Ferries that operated on the River Forth.
The following certificates were required by the vessel and Master:-
Sir William Wallace was the newest and largest of the 4 ferries which operated on this route.
Her Passenger Certificate shows the 277 tonnage vessel was authorised to carry 500 passengers and 6 crew.
:- The Captains required a Pilotage Certificate to allow them to be the Master of each of the ferries.
:- The ships compasses were tested for accuracy as can be seen by this certificate.
:- The Passenger Certificate shows
the Wallace was a "Class V" vessel and as such the lifeboats had to carry specific equipment
which is detailed. A 1954 certificate in connection with Launching the Lifeboat is also shown.
There are also copies of
articles which plot the history of the ferries, articles from 1934 to 1955 are reproduced,
these having been discovered with the help of "Google News".
are also included which show where the Queensferry Passage operated.
You will also find displayed a map, although this 1896
is strictly not connected with the ferries covered by this web site, but it may be of interest to some as it relates to North Queensferry.