Welcome to this web site which contains details of the ferries that operated on the Firth
of Forth on the route was called the Queensferry Passage. The ferries operated between North Queensferry and South Queensferry.
It is perhaps worth repeating that this section of the River Forth has
been used as a crossing since the 11 century.
The Forth Bridge being used to carry locomotives from 1890. Vessels were used up to 1964 and when these ceased the Forth Road Bridge
was the direct replacement and now bulk of traffic crossing the Forth is
on the latest bridge the Queensferry Crossing.
The Forth Bridge has been used since 1890 to carry trains across the Forth. In 2015 it became a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The Forth Road Bridge took over from the Ferries in 1964. Increases in the volume of traffic resulted in another crossing being required this was built along side this bridge.
The Forth Road Bridge continues to be used but with a reduced level
of traffic the bulk of the traffic now using the replacement bridge the Queensferry
Crossing which opened in 2017.